javascript hit counter
Business, Financial News, U.S and International Breaking News

Trip ends when camper van explodes

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (WOWT) – A Florida couple’s summer season trip got here to a surprising finish when their camper van caught hearth after they stopped to test for smoke. Dennis and Linda Fitch of Port St. Joe, Florida pulled off the freeway for a gasoline cease when Linda started smelling one thing.

”I heard a pair pops, and simply as I got here out, it was simply, one large ‘kaboom’, I imply it exploded,” mentioned close by resident Scott Mohr. “Then it was black smoke, and (the van was) fully engulfed.”

Couple's vacation ends with van fire
Couple’s trip ends with van hearth(Linda Fitch)

The couple pulled their van over at a Council Bluffs gasoline station on the nook of 35th Road and Avenue A. Linda Fitch could be heard weeping as she recorded footage on her cell phone of the van burning. They had been capable of seize her laptop computer and their canine JoJo, however that was all they may salvage. Neither was injured.

The couple spoke off digital camera to WOWT, asking that Mohr, who supplied the couple respite whereas they referred to as insurance coverage and household, clarify what they instructed him.

“The spouse smelled smoke in order that they pulled into the gasoline station right here,” Mohr mentioned. “He appeared beneath and didn’t see any hearth or something, and Linda opened the again door and it went up in flames.”

The Fitchs spent the night time in an space resort and deliberate to fly residence to Florida within the morning. They mentioned they owned the camper van for 5 years, and it was custom-made for consolation.

Council Bluffs Fireplace Division Fireplace Investigator Rick Bradshaw mentioned the investigation may take per week or two to finish.

Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.


Comments are closed.