Chennai: The Tamil Nadu authorities on Monday prolonged the Covid-19 lockdown until December 31 with a number of new relaxations in restrictions.
In a press release issued right here, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Okay. Palaniswami stated primarily based on the discussions with medical, public well being consultants and District Collectors to stop coronavirus unfold, the Covid-19 lockdown is prolonged until Decembe 31r from November 30.
In line with Palanswami, barring the Covid-19 containment zones the next relaxations are relevant together with the prevailing ones:
* Remaining yr below graduate programs in all faculties and universities and medical programs (below graduate and put up graduate).
* For the primary yr faculty college students’ lessons for the educational yr will start from Tuesday.
* Swimming swimming pools for coaching functions will probably be allowed to perform following customary working procedures (SOP).
* Marina and different seashores will probably be open for public from December 12 relying on the coronavirus unfold topic to following SOP.
* Exhibition halls will probably be allowed to perform just for enterprise to enterprise functions after following SOP.
* Indoor social, political and spiritual congregations allowed topic to 50 per cent seating capability and never exceeding 200 individuals from Tuesday to December 31. Permission from the District Collectors and from Higher Chennai Police (for Chennai conferences) are mandatory.
* Based mostly on the coronavirus unfold, permission for out of doors conferences will probably be determined.
* The present system of E-registration for these coming to Tamil Nadu from states aside from Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Union Territory of Puducherry would proceed.
(With IANS Inputs)