javascript hit counter
Business, Financial News, U.S and International Breaking News

Election Transient: Nonetheless counting

Welcome to Fox Information’ Election Transient, a publication with the most recent updates from the 2022 midterm elections and 2024 marketing campaign path. Subscribe now to get Fox Information’ Election Transient in your inbox

NEVER MISS A MOMENT — Try our newest race calls and stability of energy updates at Fox Information’ election heart.

TOP STORIES

Four House races still remain uncalled now two weeks after Election Day. 

4 Home races nonetheless stay uncalled now two weeks after Election Day. 

SLOW AS A SNAIL: Republicans have the Home. Democrats will hold the Senate. However outcomes from midterms elections proceed to trickle in two weeks previous Election Day, with 4 essential Home races in Alaska, California and Colorado nonetheless uncalled. Fox Information Digital breaks down the excellent races and what’s taking so lengthy. Learn extra from Fox Information’ Brandon Gillespie and Sophia Slacik: Right here is the place the final uncalled Home races stand two weeks from Election Day

WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis highlighted his landslide re-election victory and his conservative campaign in opposition to what he calls “woke ideology” in an lively speech that introduced a crowd of main Republican activists and donors to their ft quite a few instances. DeSantis, who at age 44 is 32 years youthful than former President Donald Trump, gained his first election as governor in 2018 because of a serious help from the then-president. However he’s develop into a drive of his personal as he’s constructed a political model that stretches from coast to coast. Learn extra from Fox Information’ Paul Steinhauser: Ron DeSantis receives a number of standing ovations at first main GOP 2024 presidential cattle name

Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., and his wife, Casey DeSantis. 

Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., and his spouse, Casey DeSantis.  (Joe Raedle/Getty Photographs)

LEARNIN’ THE BLUES: Home Democrats suffered defeat within the 2022 midterm elections, and, in January, after two years of getting unified management within the Home and Senate, the social gathering will move management of the decrease chamber again to Republicans. Now, sooner or later after it was projected that the GOP would take management of the Home when the 118th Congress convenes subsequent yr, People are pondering how Democrats misplaced management after months of preparation and preaching about points they believed fared greatest with voters. Learn extra from Fox Information’ Kyle Morris right here: Democrats’ insurance policies, financial points led to shedding Home majority, political insiders say

BATTLE FOR THE SENATE: Whereas Democrats pulled off a greater than anticipated night time on Nov. eighth, the social gathering will face super headwinds in sustaining their razor-thin Senate majority come 2024. Democrats will probably be defending 23 of the 34 Senate seats up for grabs subsequent cycle. Of their 23 seats up for election, seven are in states gained by former President Donald Trump in both 2016 or 2020. Alternatives for Democrats to flip Republican-held seats are much less encouraging. Sen. Rick Scott of Florida is taken into account considered one of Democrats’ greatest pickup alternatives in 2024, together with Republican Sen. Ted Cruz’s Texas seat. Each senators gained by slender margins in 2018. Learn extra from Fox Information’ Sophia Slacik: The 2024 Senate battle has begun and the electoral map doesn’t favor Democrats

From left to right: Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, and Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., are considered the four most vulnerable Senate Democrats up for election in 2024.

From left to proper: Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, and Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., are thought of the 4 most weak Senate Democrats up for election in 2024. (Getty Photographs)

2024 WATCH

CRUZ PLAYS COY: He’s repeatedly flirted with making one other run for the White Home, however Sen. Ted Cruz mentioned on Saturday that he’s operating for re-election to the Senate in 2024. However Cruz, taking questions from reporters on the Republican Jewish Coalition’s annual management convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, didn’t rule out the potential of a presidential marketing campaign. Learn extra from Fox Information’ Paul Steinhauser right here: 2024 Watch: Cruz says he is operating for Senate re-election however would not rule out presidential run

PRESIDENTIAL POLL: A Marist Ballot nationwide survey carried out after the 2022 midterm elections discovered the vast majority of voters — Republicans, Democrats and independents leaning towards one of many events — imagine their social gathering would have a greater likelihood at securing the presidency in 2024 if President Biden and former President Trump usually are not nominees. Based on the ballot, 52% of Republicans mentioned the GOP would have a greater likelihood of successful the subsequent presidential election if somebody apart from Trump is the nominee, whereas 37% nonetheless imagine Trump is the most effective candidate for the job. About 11% the place undecided. Learn extra from Fox Information’ Aubrie Spady: 2024 POLL: Most Dem and GOP voters assume they’ve a greater likelihood at presidency with out Biden or Trump

CAMPAIGN TRAIL UPDATES

SENATE RUNOFF: With simply two weeks left till the extremely anticipated Georgia Senate runoff, a brand new ballot discovered that Sen. Raphael Warnock has a slim lead over GOP opponent Herschel Walker. An AARP ballot launched Tuesday surveying Georgia voters discovered that Warnock has a slight edge over Walker, 51% to 47%. Warnock holds a powerful 24-point lead amongst voters 18 to 49 years of age, whereas Walker is up 9 share factors amongst Georgia voters ages 50 and over. Learn extra from Fox Information’ Aubrie Spady: Georgia Senate runoff: Ballot reveals chief in essential showdown between Sen. Warnock and Herschel Walker

Incumbent Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock hit again at his Republican challenger, Herschel Walker, this week over accusations he desires to vary Georgia’s voting guidelines within the midst of campaigning for the Dec. 6 runoff election. Talking with Fox Information Digital throughout a press gaggle following a Thursday marketing campaign rally in Fort Valley, Georgia, Warnock dismissed Walker’s criticism and defended the lawsuit he filed alongside the Democratic Senatorial Marketing campaign Committee on Monday to maneuver the beginning of early voting for the runoff to the Saturday after Thanksgiving moderately than the next Monday. Learn extra from Fox Information’ Brandon Gillespie: WATCH: Warnock responds to allegations he desires final minute change to runoff voting guidelines

EYES ON OHIO: Sen. Sherrod Brown is taken into account one of the crucial weak Democratic Senators up for election in 2024, and Republicans have already got their eyes on unseating the long-time Ohio Democrat. Republican state Sen. Matt Dolan — who was a candidate within the GOP U.S. Senate major final Could — is critically contemplating a re-run for the Senate nomination in 2024. Learn extra from Fox Information’ Paul Steinhauser and Sophia Slacik: Republicans set their sights on unseating longtime Ohio Democrat Sen. Sherrod Brown

Keep updated on the most recent election information by subscribing to Fox Information’ Election Transient

This text was initially printed by foxnews.com. Learn the authentic article right here.

Comments are closed.