National News

Nirbhaya Case: Delhi Court To Hear Plea Seeking FIR Against Sole Witness

New Delhi: The daddy of one of many 4 demise row convicts within the 2012 Nirbhaya gangrape-and-murder case moved a Delhi courtroom on Thursday, difficult an order refusing path of an FIR towards the only eyewitness within the matter.

The appliance was filed by Heera Lal Gupta, father of Pawan Kumar Gupta, earlier than Further Periods Choose Satish Kumar Arora towards an order of a magisterial courtroom.

It has sought a path to the Delhi police to lodge an FIR towards the eyewitness, a pal of the 23-year-old sufferer, for allegedly giving interviews to varied tv information channels after charging cash.

The classes courtroom put up the matter for listening to on January 27.

The magisterial courtroom had dismissed an identical utility on January 6.

The eyewitness was accompanying the sufferer within the bus when the grotesque incident befell and he had additionally sustained accidents.

The appliance cited sure latest media reviews, which alleged that the witness charged cash to seem on numerous information channels, the applicant’s lawyer, A P Singh, mentioned.

It alleged that the act of the witness affected the case by “resulting in a media trial”.

“This calls for an independent investigation into the perjury that appears to have been committed by him (witness). Being the sole witness, his testimony has strongly influenced the outcome of the case, which led to the imposition of death penalty on the accused,” the grievance mentioned.

Nirbhaya is the modified title of the December 2012 gang rape-and-murder sufferer, a 23-year-old physiotherapy intern who was raped and brutalised in a transferring bus in south Delhi by six folks.

The lady had boarded the virtually empty bus in Munirka, alongside together with her male pal, on her means residence on December 16, 2012. After raping and brutalising the girl and beating up her pal, the assailants had thrown them out of the bus.

After receiving preliminary therapy in New Delhi for just a few days, the sufferer was shifted to Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth Hospital, the place she succumbed to her accidents on December 29, 2012.


Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button