Find out how to Obtain and Manually Set up Android 5.1 Lollipop on Google Nexus 5, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10
Google on Monday started rolling out the primary main replace to its Android 5.zero Lollipop working system. The replace, Android 5.1 Lollipop, shall be rolled out to numerous units, with the Nexus sequence the primary in line to get the newest model. The Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Wi-Fi and the Nexus 10 are the three units that can get this replace first as Google posted Android 5.1 Lollipop manufacturing facility pictures for these units on its web site. If you cannot anticipate the OTA replace to reach, you need to use these pictures to put in Android 5.1 Lollipop in your machine.
You’ll be able to manually obtain and set up the Android 5.1 Lollipop manufacturing facility picture from Google’s web site. This course of is just not really helpful for anybody however essentially the most superior customers who’ve a little bit of technical know-how. This course of will erase all of your information, so be sure you again up your Android machine first. When you perceive the dangers and personal a Google Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Wi-Fi or a Nexus 10, you need to use these steps to flash the newest model of Android Lollipop on to your machine.
1. Obtain and set up the newest Android SDK in your Home windows laptop. This installs two applications, ADB, and Fastboot, which will be accessed by way of the command terminal in your PC, as part of the software program growth package.
2. Add the SDK folder to the PATH by following these steps:
- Proper click on My Pc and click on on Properties.
- Click on on Superior System Settings.
- Click on on System Properties > Superior > Atmosphere Variables.
- Within the window, choose Path, then click on on Edit, after which sort within the identify of the listing the place you put in the SDK, and do not forget that every entry is separated by a semi-colon.
3. Allow USB debugging in your machine. First, go to Settings > About Cellphone > Software program info.
4. Faucet Construct quantity seven occasions.
5. Go to Settings > Developer choices. Tick USB debugging.
6. Obtain the proper manufacturing facility picture to your machine.
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 5
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi)
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 10
7. Extract the picture in your laptop.
8. Join your machine to your laptop over USB.
9. Begin the machine in fastboot mode.
For Nexus 5, maintain the quantity up, quantity down and energy buttons whereas powering on the machine. The total listing of key combos for various units will be discovered right here.
You can too boot into fastboot mode utilizing the ADB software: With the machine powered on, go to the command terminal and execute the next: adb reboot bootloader
If wanted, unlock the machine’s bootloader by way of your laptop utilizing the command terminal and executing: fastboot oem unlock
Open a command terminal and navigate to the unzipped system picture listing.
Execute flash-all.bat, which was part of the unzipped picture file. This script installs the mandatory bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and working system. For this to work, you should have added the folder the place ADB and Fastboot are put in to the system’s path as described in step 2.
When that is completed, Google recommends that you just lock the bootloader for safety. You are able to do that by booting the machine in fastboot mode whereas nonetheless related through USB, and utilizing the command terminal to execute: fastboot oem lock.
Whereas this methodology will set up Android 5.1 Lollipop in your Nexus machine, we nonetheless counsel that you just anticipate the OTA replace to make sure a hassle-free replace course of.
For extra tutorials, head to our How To part.
This text was initially printed by ndtv.com. Learn the authentic article right here.