Soccer mourns ‘heartbreaking’ Indonesia stampede deaths
“A darkish day for all concerned in soccer and a tragedy past comprehension.”
– FIFA president Gianni Infantino.
“The RFEF deeply laments the tragedy and condemns any act of violence, extra so whether it is in a festive setting, as a sport of soccer ought to all the time be.”
– Spanish Soccer Federation. Spanish golf equipment noticed a minute’s silence earlier than matches on Sunday.
“The ideas of everybody on the Premier League are with these affected by the tragic occasions at Kanjuruhan Stadium final night time.”
– English Premier League.
“Sending our condolences and ideas to the victims, the households and everybody affected by the tragedy in Malang, Indonesia.”
– Italy’s Serie A.
“I’m deeply shocked and saddened to listen to such tragic information popping out of football-loving Indonesia.”
– Asian Soccer Confederation president Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa.
“My ideas are with the households and associates of the victims of the horrible stampede in a soccer stadium in Indonesia.”
– Worldwide Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach.
“Households and associates got here to the stadium anticipating an thrilling soccer sport. However this led to a disaster, wherein many individuals misplaced their lives. This can be a unhappy day for Indonesia and its associates the world over.”
– German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier in a letter to Indonesian chief Joko Widodo.
“My deepest sympathy goes out to these affected and their households, and all residents of Indonesia. Germany stands by their facet.”
– German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.
This text was initially printed by channelnewsasia.com. Learn the authentic article right here.