World News

4 Dead, 15 Hospitalised After Inhaling Toxic Gasses Coming Out Of Vegetable Container In Karachi

Karachi: No less than 4 individuals died and 15 had been hospitalised after inhaling poisonous gases emanating from a vegetable container in Pakistan’s port metropolis Karachi, police mentioned.

The container was unloaded from a cargo ship in Kemari port space on Sunday night time.

“The initial investigation showed that as soon as people from Jackson market opened the container fumes emanated from it and people had difficulty in breathing and lost consciousness,” DIG Sharjeel Kharal advised reporters.

“They were taken to a nearby private hospital where four people died while 15 are under treatment,” Kharal mentioned.

He mentioned police have sought particulars of the cargo ship from the port authorities and the Pakistani navy.

(PTI)

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button